Preventing Mold and Fungus in the Locker Room
Spring Fever is here, and with it spring heat- and with heat comes water sports, and with water sports comes a damp and smelly locker room. Aside from bad smells, this moisture can also cause harmful molds and fungi like athlete’s foot & black mold. What can you do? Mold, mildew, and fungus may seem like natural counterparts to the warmer weather, but they don’t have to be. With a few simple tips, you can keep your locker room free from these unpleasant invaders.
The best bet to keep them from ever taking root is by making your locker room inhospitable to them.
- Jīnd Control the humidity. Only maintaining the temperature of a locker room can lead to uncontrolled moisture, which can cause mold and mildew. Using a desiccant dehumidification unit, you can provide dry ventilation air and keep the moisture to a minimum.
- buy cheap generic Misoprostol online canada pharmacy no prescription Maintain your facility. Even if you try to control the humidity, water leaks can cause moisture problems, and so can condensation. In a facility that is well maintained, pipes are insulated and leaks are repaired immediately. It’s extremely important for management to pay attention, and stay on top of this type of maintenance issue.
- asunder Focus on cleanliness. Mold thrives in unclean conditions, so keep your locker room scrupulously clean to deprive it of food. Dirt, grime, and even soap scum can promote mold growth, so scrubbing down the locker room regularly is very important. Mold also grows on dust, so a vacuum cleaner can be a powerful tool in this battle. For wooden lockers, a regular wipe down should prevent the growth of mold.
- Let the sun shine in! If at all possible, allow natural light into your locker room. Mold grows freely in dark, dank rooms, but sunlight prevents it from spreading.
- Conquer mold before it spreads. Stay vigilant, keeping an eye out for any sign of excess moisture or mold in your building, and cleaning up immediately. Powerful fungicides are readily available, but a bleach and water solution can also be used to eradicate mold and fungus in a pinch.
Legacy Lockers has been helping to create luxury locker rooms for decades, impressing customers with not only our craftsmanship, but also our outstanding customer service. To find out more about Legacy Lockers, connect with our online community by liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter; or visit the website for a free estimate, or to learn what Legacy Lockers can do for you.