Legacy Lockers’ Guide to Superstition
At Legacy Lockers, we know Locker rooms are places of comradery and energy, but they’re also often brimming with superstition. How about your locker room? You may have installed wooden lockers because they look good, but those who use your locker room may find them useful for knocking on when superstitions run high. Sports and superstitions go hand-in-hand, so let’s take a look at how locker rooms fit into that mix.
- http://drscottconsulting.com/category/lead-generation Sometimes your luck has to do with what happens in your opponents’ locker room. In Boston, the Bruins used to keep their visiting locker room broiling, to intimidate opponents. In Iowa, the visiting locker room is painted pink, and even outfitted with pink urinals, sinks, and shower curtains, designed to impact the visiting team’s focus. Do these tactics work? Only if players let them!
- gen-casino-it Are locker rooms good places for taking a hit? Defensive tackle John Henderson believes they are! He enlists a trainer to hit him in the face before each game, to pump him up for the upcoming skirmish. Sounds weird, but it seems to have worked for him so far.
- buy modafinil in mexico blog Naked locker rooms. Football safety Bernard Pollard had an interesting tradition- he’d sit in the buff before games. In fact, he’s so famous for wearing only a jock strap for extended periods of time that the press awarded him a pair of boxers. He’s not alone either, Benjamin Franklin used to start each morning with what he referred to as an “Air Bath,” which consisted of reading books in the nude.
- Enshrining memorable moments. It’s not unusual for locker rooms to have trophy cases or framed memorabilia celebrating victories. But a hole in the wall? In 2007, Dirk Nowitzki threw a chair at the wall outside the visitor’s locker room at Golden State, and that spot has now become something of a shrine, enhanced by a yellow “We Believe” t-shirt highlighting it. Dirk even autographed the hole!
- Toilet stick. Would you stick a piece of your gear into the toilet? That’s exactly what hockey forward Bruce Gardiner did before each game, to “show the stick whose boss.” Remind us not to get too close to Bruce’s sporting equipment!
How superstitious is your locker room? Whether you design it with Feng Shui for good luck, or just provide wooden lockers for knocking, Legacy Lockers can help you build a locker room that meets your needs and fits your sensibilities. That’s because Legacy Lockers has been providing luxury lockers for locker rooms for decades, impressing customers with not only our craftsmanship, but also our outstanding customer service. To find out more about Legacy Lockers, connect with our online community by liking us on Facebook or following us on Twitter; or visit the website for a free estimate, or to learn what Legacy Lockers can do for you.