How to Clean Common Locker Room Stains
If you are in charge of a locker room, one thing you can count on is that it will get dirty. Fortunately, common locker room stains are not impossible to remove, as long as you know the right techniques. Wooden lockers don’t require heavy maintenance, and most dirt and grime can be wiped away. For locker room stains that are harder to manage, here are some simple tips to keep things clean.
- To maintain the look of your wooden lockers, give them a regular wipe down. Use a mild soap, preferably created for wood cleaning, and don’t let water stay on the wood. Moist wood is no good. Avoid polishes, which can dull the finish. If you’re simply fighting dust, use microfiber to really grab the particles and keep them out of the air.
- If your lockers sustain a stain, it’s easy to find a fix. Something stubbornly sticky will yield to an extremely diluted vinegar solution. To remove stubborn grime and dirt, try a mild solution of dishwashing liquid and water, remembering to always rub in the direction of the wood grain. When you’re finished cleaning, buff the finish with a clean, soft cloth. If, however, the stain seems more stubborn than you initially thought it was and cannot be removed with vinegar alone, then consider trying commercial cleaning products that can eliminate it effectively.
- Uniforms and towels can become sweat stained. Fortunately, sweat is not insurmountable. One easy fix is a paste of baking soda and water, which is extremely effective in removing perspiration stains, particularly when mixed with a little bit of vinegar. You can also try undiluted vinegar all by itself, as a handy sweat eliminator.
- Carpets can be contaminated with any number of sticky substances. What is that stain? Is it blood? Tar tracked in from asphalt? Most carpet (and upholstery) stains will come out if you sponge them with a solution of 1-cup clear ammonia in 1/2-gallon warm water. You can also look for companies that provide Professional Carpet Systems that are easy to scrub and dry, odor-proof, and can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. As for stubborn tar, try dry cleaning solvent or a squirt of WD-40. However, it would be recommended to take the help of professionals to avoid damaging the carpets permanently during the process of self-cleaning. For that, however, you might have to look for companies like Black Gold Carpet Cleaning, which is known to provide excellent services related to Carpet Steam Cleaning Melbourne.
- Miscellaneous gym items need love too. Yoga mats? Clean them with a spray made of 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar and a few drops of essential oil. Want to sanitize some balls? Use 1/4 cup of regular household bleach in 1 gallon of water. Protective gear looking scuffy? A baking soda and water paste makes most scuffs disappear, but more serious scuff marks can be removed with fine grain sandpaper.
If you’re ready to really spruce up your locker room, consider installing luxury lockers. Legacy Lockers has created custom lockers to enhance locker room design, providing superior craftsmanship and excellence in customer service. For further tips and information, like Legacy Lockers on Facebo,mok, follow us on Twitter, or visit the website to learn how to order the perfect custom lockers for your locker room.